Monday, September 1, 2008

Hearkening Back to the BaYoU

"I know you from somewhere," is how it started. I did quite a few things back at the BYU and some i have forgotten, so it's nice to be reminded of the good ol' days. Sure, it was only 2.56 years ago, but much fun was created and run-ins with D. Ashcroft (the PPD Officer who hated fun more than anyone else i know and tried to shut down a number of our parties and threatened to take both me and my brother to jail) were few. Janna, the girl at the 90s Party in Huntington Beach) was quicker than most, and after only about a minute, she guessed something I had not expected, "Did you hand out pancakes one friday morning to all the students going up that hill to class?" I immediately time warped back to that day and blurted out, "Well, yes i did there Missy, and i hope you got one of them fine Hotcakes!"

She relayed how she was grateful for them and that she especially loved our hats, the taglines shouted and me standing on my head at some point trying to convince people that these would be the best pancakes they had ever tasted (which i actually don't remember). So, thanks Crusaders for making her day.


The Crusaders were privileged to be the receiver of some press attention from the Daily Universe the following Monday:

http://nn.byu.edu/print/story.cfm/56457

The image that will never be erased from this day was when Aaroneus climbed into the halted bus on the corner of 800N and 700E and handed out flapjacks until everyone on the entire bus had had their fill. Thanks to Janna and her placenta friends for bringing these and other memories back. A few of them i remember :
Playing Cupid on Valentine's Day -

Oktoberfest, which I hold very dear -
http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/66013
http://media.www.uvureview.com/media/storage/paper982/news/2007/11/05/Life/Provos.Oktoberfest-3079052.shtml

No comments: