Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crepe Nazi

What do Hitler's party, soup and NOW crepes all have in common?

Nazis.

8 weeks ago I had a minor surgery that didn't allow me to eat for 24 hours before. I drank a lot of sodium phosphate as well, which emptied me out and made me even hungrier. So, after a 10am surgery Wednesday morning I was given the green light to go munch.

I love crepes. I had dessert ones in AT&G back in the 4th grade and loved them so much i demanded my mom get us a crepe maker for our house. We made crepes frequently with this special crepe maker. My love hasn't died for them since, I mean I made crepes for katie on valentine's day last year.

Well, since V-day is a lot like surgery, i naturally had a hankering for some sweet sweet crepe's. Katie drove us over to little Korea town to Crepe's To Go at 2217 Sawtelle Blvd. I give you the address so that you can personally go there and experience this Seinfeld-esque experience for yourself. And what an experience.

We approached the tiny shop in a wall, no wider than 12ft across, and since no one appeared to be behind the counter, we looked at the business hours.

With hours on Monday that read "Around. depends", we should have been tipped off to the further lunacy of this place, but nevertheless we looked at the display window so we could place our order.
From meats to all veggie to dessert, i was stoked to pick at a few oh-so-good crepes to my liking. katie, being the fine conosseuier of food that she is, didnt see anything that she liked and started to concoct whole new crepes in her head. I brought her attention to the cheap blue tape scrolled across the glass and the fact that this place looked like they didn't mess around. This sign directly above the door confirmed it :
[IRNORANCE and STUPIDITY is a crime. We hate CRIMINALS and don't hide our hate and contempt for THEM. Thank You].
Then this sign!
[Never Enter with NO decision BUT with curiosity (except for small kids and IDIOTS). We don't welcome those who react to only signs and laughing here like one of them with silly face.]

We finalized rehearsing our orders to each other and stepped through the smaller than normal door.
"what yu want?" came a heavily accented asian voice from somewhere behind the counter and mass of laminated warning signs. "Oh, well, i would like

No comments: